After our Tasting Tour of French Wine here on VineSleuth Uncorked, are you ready to taste some Cru Classé Bordeaux wines?
If you are in Houston, tomorrow (Thursday) could be your day to really enjoy the region!
Spec’s is hosting 40 Bordeaux chateau owners, directors, and/or winemakers presenting 52 mostly Cru Classé Bordeaux wines all from the 2010 vintage in a standup-and-walk-around tasting format at the Crystal Ballroom of the Rice Hotel.
By appellation, they include …
- Pomerol: Chx. Clinet, Croix St Geroges, Gazin, and La Pointe
- St. Emilion: Chx. Angelus, Canon La Gaffeliere, Clos L’Oratoire, and Daugay, Clos Fourtet, Grand Corbin Despagne, and La Confession
- Castillon: Chx. d’Aiguilhe and Ampelia
- St. Estephe: Chx. Lafon Rochet and les Ormes de Pez
- Pauillac: Chx. Pichon Baron, Pibran, Lynch Bages (with 2nd wine Echo de Lynch Bages and Lynch Bages Blanc as well), d’Armailhac, Clerc Milon, Grand Puy Lacoste (and 2nd wine Lacoste Borie), Haut Batailley, and Haut Bages Liberal
- St. Julien: Chx. Branaire Ducru, Leoville Barton, Leoville Poyferrre, Talbot, St. Pierre, and Gloria
- Margaux: Chx. Brane Cantenac (along with Baron de Brane), Cantenac Brown, and Ferriere
- Haut Medoc: Chx. Cantemerle, Chasse Spleen, Camensac, Poujeaux, and Senejac
- Pessac Leognan (Graves): Ch. Carbonnieux (both red & white), Domaine de Chevalier (both red & white), Smith Haut Lafitte (both red and white) and Clos Marsalette (red)
- Sauternes: Ch. Suduiraut (along with 2nd wine Lions de Suduiraut)
The tasting will open at 4:30pm and run until 8:30pm, giving tasters ample time to taste the wines and visit with our guests from Bordeaux. The tasting will include a spread of artisanal cheeses and breads chosen to help absorb the wines and refresh the palate. We will taste from Riedel Degustazione (tasting) glasses.
I know I will definitely be there, experiencing these wines and meeting as many people as I can behind them. I hope to report back to you on the experience next week.
If you’d like to join me at the tasting, tickets for the event cost $75.00 total per person cash ($78.95 regular). Call Marlo at 832-660-0250 or email MarloAmmons@specsonline.com to reserve your spot.
Then, if you’re on Twitter, tweet me @VineSleuth and we’ll make plans to share a taste together.
Hope to see there you tomorrow!
Photo courtesy of Thomas Heylen.