I had the pleasure of toasting and dining at the Tasting Room in Uptown Park last week with fellow Houston wine bloggers (as featured in Jeremy’s photo, clockwise):
- Jamie Glover Dabbs, Social Media Director for The Tasting Room and Max’s Wine Dive and blogger at The Black Door
- Bear Dalton, fine wine buyer of Spec’s and blogger at Bear on Wine
- Tom Gutting of From the Gutt
- Joanna Opaskar of Clear Lake Wine Tasting
- Jeff Cope of TX Wine Lover
- Jeremy Parzen of the Houston Press and Do Bianchi (photographer and therefore not pictured)
Unfortunately I do not have nearly as many photos for you as I did from our last meeting at Ciao Bello this Spring, as the lighting was much more conducive to enjoying the wine and scrumptious food than photographing it.
I can tell you this: Some fantastic wine and food was consumed, and the conversation was just as delicious. We talked about wine education, appreciating other palates (or not), wine travels, the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Wine Competition, and traded blogging tales and even more wine stories. The Houston wine scene is alive and well, and we are doing our best to share it with you, our readers.
We all agreed that we love to read the comments and emails from our readers (hint, hint), even (and sometimes especially) when a commenter makes us see something in a completely different light. So please keep those opinions and observations coming and don’t be afraid to tell us what you think. Just do it respectfully. You do that and we’ll do our best to get you thinking… and enjoying delicious wines here in Houston and beyond our city.